Monday, September 27, 2010

Dying Star

I haven't blogged in a long time. Life has been so busy these past few weeks. Lots of worship practices, time with family and friends, and several other things have been going on. It seems like we have something happening every night of the week. But busyness is only half the reason why I haven't blogged in a while. 

There are so many life-changing things happening within the Swift family. God is doing a major work. And I'm not sure what is really happening. I have been grasping at words to explain what is going on, but I haven't found the words to describe. All I know is that I have had it with the fake in this world. Fake spirituality is running rampant. We all have been guilty of it. But I see it much more clearly, for some reason. God has been revealing so much to Michael and I, individually. And then when we talk about it, we find out that we are feeling the same thing. And then when we talk with our closest friends, we find out that they are feeling it too. And I feel that we have already been labeled the weird ones - labeled by the church! I feel as if I am standing, yelling at the top of my lungs "THIS IS TRUTH!!! THIS IS CHRISTIANITY! THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS!" and all the while, the church is staring at me saying that I am the weird one. The truth I speak of is plainly given in the Scriptures. So why has this truth become a watered down, man-pleasing version of Christianity???
I know that this is probably an odd blog post. I really have no main point. As I said before, I am searching for words to fully describe, but I cannot find them. When I figure it out, I will let you know. 

More to come....



The lyrics to this song are incredible. It describes a lot of what I am feeling.

Dying Star
by
Jason Upton 


You've got your best man on the front side
You always show your best side
And evil's always on the other side
You say this is your strategy
But son I hope you take it from me
You look just like your enemy
You're full of pride
We better trash our idols if we want to be
In the army of the Lord
And the greatest idol is you and me,
We better get on the threshing floor
When will we learn that God's strategy
Is giving glory to the Lord?
We better trash our idols if we want to be
In the army of the Lord


Star how beautiful you shine
You shine more beautiful than mine
You shine from sea to shining sea
World-wide is your strategy
But shinning star I hope you see
If the whole wide world is staring straight at you
They can't see me...



So rise, rise, rise
Live out your fantasy
Think that you're better than me
Rise, rise, rise
Live out your man-made religiosity
Rise, rise, rise
Live out your strategies
Rise, rise, rise
So the world can see
Just another dying star


Raise up an army, oh God!
In the army of the Lord
There's no room for idolatry
In the army of the Lord
Theres no room for man-pleasing
In the army of the Lord

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you beat me to it! I was thinking earlier today that I needed to post those lyrics. So powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should still do it, Christy! You reach a lot of people through your blog....people that need to hear it! :)

    ReplyDelete