Friday, January 10, 2014

Six Months


I had my six month check up today, and everything is going well!

I am 23 weeks, and baby is measuring at 22.5, so he is right on track. 
His heartbeat was once again in the 150s.
I have gained a total of 16 pounds. I am just hoping that I don't gain 50 pounds like I did in my last pregnancy, but I am honestly not holding back with food. I'm hungry, so I eat. I want some donuts, so I eat them. 

A couple things have been harder in this pregnancy. First of all, being pregnant over the holidays is no joke. I think that's when I packed on the pounds. But all the delicious food was just that - delicious. Second, being pregnant during cold and flu season is no joke. I've heard so many horror stories, and we even had our own battle with the flu right after Thanksgiving. Thankfully, I never got it, only Evelyn did. And even now, I am battling a darn head cold. But the fear of sickness and getting sick and that harming my pregnancy in some way has been at times, crippling. I just keep praying protection over myself and baby, and ask God to take away the fear. Because fear = no trust, no faith. So I just keep trusting God, one day at a time. 

Another thing that has been hard has been the feeling of discomfort in general. Baby boy is sitting lower, and causing a lot more pressure and pain. I'm finding myself having to take rest breaks on the couch to alleviate some of the pain and pressure. My doctor assured me that this is totally normal, especially for second pregnancies, because everything is already stretched out.

But baby boy sure seems happy and content in that cozy womb. He kicks all of the time, sometimes really hard, and those rolling feelings of him moving are pretty intense. I love it. 

And, the ever growing belly....













No comments:

Post a Comment