Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day.


I received that greeting several times over the weekend. 

Those three words hold such precious meaning for me. 

Because for previous years, that day was a painful one for me. I knew I was called to be a mommy, but it just wasn't happening. 

But this year, this year, I woke up to the sweetest miracle handing me a beautiful card, with a drooly, gummy smile. 


So this Mother's Day, I thank God for allowing me to be a mommy. I thank Him for the little girl that makes me want to be a better person. I thank God for the high calling and purpose that He has given me as a mommy. I rejoice. And I pray for those of you who experience pain on Mother's Day, for whatever reason - infertility, loss, broken relationships... You are not forgotten, you are near and dear to my heart. 

He is faithful, He is good.
He still works miracles, many times in ways we would have never thought or guessed...

Happy Mother's Day to me, a happy day indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment