Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Six Months!

My dear Evelyn is six months old. 

I know it is SO cliche, but...

Where did the time go?

How did we go from this...

to this???


Evelyn has been doing very well! She went in for her six month check up, and now is 27 inches long and weighs 15 pounds - she finally doubled her birth weight.

She's been drooling like crazy, and has all the signs of teething. No teeth yet, but they are slowly coming. Getting teeth is such a huge milestone. I should be excited, but it seems bittersweet. I am going to miss those gummy smiles. 

After those several weeks of short, infrequent naps, we've finally seen improvement. She naps after her morning and afternoon feedings, for about an hour at a time - HUGE improvement!!! As soon as she's asleep, I scramble to get as much done around the house as I can in an hour, because I know that is all I will get! 

She's got lots of new tricks. She loves grabbing her feet, and even chews on her toes. She even tries to sit up by clenching those stomach muscles and lifting her head and feet off the floor - she's such a strong child. While she's nursing, she does this thing with her hand where she anchors her thumb on my chest and then sways her hand back and forth. I'm not sure why she does it, but it's one of those cute little things! 

She's been developing that beautiful voice of hers with lots of new sounds, and she's discovered that she can make sound while gasping air in and breathing out. It scared me the first time she did it! She's quite the chatterbox, and loves to "talk" when she wakes up in her crib. 

She's so strong. Her doctor even said so, and thought that she will be an early crawler and walker. 
Uh oh. 

It's been so fun to see her little personality come out, too! She's definitely got a lot of sass and spunk, and still doesn't want to miss anything, just like her daddy. She wants to be on the go all the time. I think she has a great balance of sassiness and sweetness. 

One of my favorite times of the day is when we snuggle. Michael has never been a snuggler, and I definitely am, so I wanted to make sure that Evelyn is a snuggler. I soak up the quiet moments together where we just sit...

We brought her to the zoo for the first time, and she actually seemed to enjoy it. It was interesting to see how animals are more curious about babies than they are adults. All of the petting zoo animals just wanted to sniff her and be by her. We had a lot of fun there!





We went to build-a-bear to make her first bear! She "picked" out this one, which we've affectionately named "Pink Bear"


And here's big news...she is now eating rice cereal once a day! Today was the third day doing it, and I'm not really sure how she feels about it....


Happy Weekend, everyone!!!
Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment