Friday, October 25, 2013

12 Weeks

I am now 12 weeks pregnant!

On October 2, we went in for our first appointment and ultrasound. Everything looks perfect. I have a due date of May 9, 2014, and the baby's heartbeat was 178.

The weeks that have followed since finding out about miracle #2 have been...hard.

I have had EXTREME morning sickness, actually all-day sickness. The all day nausea, food aversions, throwing up, and sheer exhaustion have been hard. To be honest, there are days where I feel that I'm not going to make it, that I can't do this. And what makes it harder is that my beautiful almost-two-year-old has entered the terrible twos. My days over the past six weeks have been the same - staying at home like a hermit because I feel too awful to go anywhere. I count down the hours everyday for when Michael comes home, so I can get a little help. And Michael has been amazing - taking care of dinner, grocery shopping because I am too nauseated to be in a grocery store, picking up the slack on taking care of the house, and giving me breaks from Evelyn.

I truly, truly, do not want to sound like I am complaining. Because the truth is, I would go through this "morning sickness" for the rest of the pregnancy if it meant my baby is safe, healthy, and growing. I would do anything for my baby, even if it means I turn into a hermit with bad skin, greasy hair, no makeup, a wardrobe of t shirts and yoga pants, and diet of cereal, oatmeal, and yogurt.
Every morning, I wake up, thank the Lord for another miracle baby in my womb, and ask Him to be my portion for the day. 

What has been interesting is that this pregnancy has been TOTALLY different from Evelyn's. With her, I wasn't sick at all. I was tired, but not exhausted. It has been fascinating to see the differences all ready! Both grandma's are convinced it's a boy...we shall see around Christmas time!

One of the sweetest things about being pregnant with another baby is watching how Evelyn understands. I swear she gets it. No joke. We took her to the ultrasound, and now she daily asks to see the video of the baby. She lifts up my shirt, pats my tummy, and says "hi baby!" She will even kiss my tummy. Adorable, I know. 

Speaking of my tummy, I feel like I am totally showing already. I didn't really show with Evelyn until about 15 weeks. But they say with a second pregnancy, you show much sooner. Which makes sense. At first it was all bloat, but now I think it's a lot of baby. It is 2.5 inches long this week and the size of a large plum!


No comments:

Post a Comment