Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Quick 36 Week Update

Yesterday we had our 36 week OB appointment. It is exciting and surreal to be at this point in the pregnancy, to think that we could be holding our sweet baby within a matter of days!!!

I'm feeling really good. I'm experiencing some swelling in my feet, face and hands, but that is mostly at night and depends on if I ate a lot of salt that day. I am definitely slowing down, and I can't move as quickly as I used to. I really understand now why pregnant women waddle. It is not because the weight of the baby or your balance being off, it is because it hurts! It's no joke why they call it "lightening crotch." I also am tired all of the time, but that is to be expected. After a day at work, I am so lethargic, basically a big "zero." I just can't function! But, overall, I am feeling amazing! Loving every minute!

Here's the low down on the appointment:
  • No weight gain this week - staying steady at 164
  • Blood pressure was great - 110/76
  • Belly is measuring at 36cm - perfect!
  • She is in position - head down into my pelvis
  • Internally, my cervix is soft. He could feel her head!

So, Doc was pretty sure that I would be back next Wednesday for my 37 week appointment, and that I probably won't be going into labor this week. But he did say that he also wouldn't be surprised if I come in to Labor&Delivery any day now! 

So with all of that, I came home (after an Olive Garden date with hubby), and made sure our hospital bags were completely packed. We now have all of her newborn clothes washed and folded, and all of the nursery essentials are put away and waiting. There are just a couple more things I would really like to get, but we have the majority of our bases covered! Hooray!!

Love and blessings to you all...


1 comment:

  1. Hooray Rachel! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about her arrival!

    Love You!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete