Thursday, December 15, 2011

Daddy

She has her daddy's eyes.

Evelyn loves him so much already, knows and listens for his voice.

Every evening, she gets a little fussy. I actually think she gets tired of me. He walks through the door, scoops her up, and she is instantly soothed. Then he goes to the couch and she snuggles on his chest, they both have their eyes closed. Together, they unwind and decompress from the day.

He puts her down for bed every night. I can't do it - she won't go to sleep for me, only for daddy. 


He graciously changes her diapers, even the poopy ones!

He rocks her and calms her when she's fussy. 

She falls asleep in his arms.

He is jealous for her, and can't stand to let others hold her for too long. 

He takes care of her during church, so I can worship.

He gives her a bottle every night before bed.

Saturday morning snuggle time in our bed is his highlight of the week.

She smiles and "talks" to him.


In the words of a dear friend, it is a "beautiful transformation." I have watched it happen right before my very eyes. From man, to husband, to daddy. It has been incredible to witness, and I have fallen even more in love with him because of it.
There is nothing like a daddy and his daughter - she's changed him, and he would do anything for her. I've seen his heart melt in an instant, and watched his heart explode for her.
Our love for each other has grown to a place like never before, as we together love our little miracle.

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.






No comments:

Post a Comment