Monday, January 23, 2012

I Have A Three Month Old!

It's hard to believe, but little miss Evelyn is three months old already!

Last week, we had her 2 month check up (a few weeks late), and she is growing beautifully. She now weighs a whopping 11 pounds and is 23 inches long. 
She received her shots, one in each leg. I hated it. She cried, and I cried. Thankfully we had daddy there to calm us both down.

My little girl is now grabbing at and reaching for things. She loves her little frog that is attached to her carseat. We've affectionately named him Albert, and it lights up and plays music and she hits it and grasps it. 

She is a little chatterbox! For some reason, she loves laying on her changing pad. As soon as I put her down on it, she is smiling and cooing. She loves making vowel sounds, especially "oo." I love watching her try to imitate my voice and the shape of my lips. She is my favorite person to have conversations with! 

The drooling has not slowed down at all, which has required me to get more bibs! I had read that at this stage, the salivary glands are stimulated, which causes more drool. So thank God, it's not teeth. I don't think I'm ready for that!

Sweet Evelyn has incredible neck control. She is moving it side to side and keeps it up when she is on her tummy. She is so strong, and she has been since she was born. She never had that floppy newborn neck. 

I can definitely see a little stubborn streak in her. When she's not getting her way or doesn't want to do something, she arches her back and throws her head back. She even yells at me. Yes, yells. They're not cries, they sound more like complaints. It is pretty funny!

The past month has actually been pretty rough for me, health wise. I came down with a UTI (ugh) and had to go on antibiotics and lots of rest. Then, I developed mastitis. It is an ugly, ugly thing. So painful! The infection was in my left boob, and it looked like I had gotten a boob job just on that one side! So, antibiotics were in order again, and a lot of rest. 
So, every day I'm claiming health, speaking against any sickness, infection, and headaches. 

I will end by saying that mommyhood is the best thing. Ever. 
I believe that it truly is a calling, a God-given gift.
There are rough days, believe me. Days where you don't think you are going to make it, days where your eyes are heavy and body weak. There are frustrating days and lonely days. Days filled with spit up, endless diaper changes, heaps of laundry and mounds of dishes. 
But it is all worth it, because those days are also filled with smiles, cuddles, laughs, coos, snuggles, kisses, love, baths, dancing, rocking, singing, playing. It is hard work, but it is incredible. Some days, all I want to do is just look at her sweet face, into those big blues, and rejoice over her and thank God for her, for this gift. 

I love you, my sweet Evelyn. 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel! I can never forget that groundhog day is your birthday! Every time I hear someone use the date Feb 2nd, I think of you! I hope that today is a wonderful day for you and that you are enjoying your sweet little girl! I know you are a wonderful mother! I miss you and Love you! Wish we lived closer so we could goof off together and play with our babies!

    Love you and I'm so glad you were born :-)

    P.S. I cant find your email anywhere so that is why I'm posting this here :-)

    ReplyDelete