Thursday, February 9, 2012

Road Trip!


This past week, we took our first family road trip. Michael had some business to do for work in Atlanta, so we decided to go along and spend a weekend there. 
I was amazed at all of the things we had to bring along. This was our first trip with Evelyn! 
We rented a minivan, loaded it up, and we were off!
Evelyn did great on the five hour drive. We only had to stop once to feed her, and she slept most of the way. 
We got to our hotel in Buckhead, Atlanta, and crashed. 
Daddy had to work the next day, so Evelyn and I had some relaxing time together in the hotel. We eventually ventured out on our own, going out to lunch and doing a little shopping.
Silly, sleepy girl!

Michael only had to work on Friday, so Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were ours to explore together!
We headed to the Georgia Aquarium, which is the largest aquarium in America. I loved every minute of it! Evelyn did too. She was so alert that we put her in the Bjorn so she could see everything. And she loved watching all of the fish, sea creatures, and dolphins!


After the aquarium, we went across the street to The World of Coke. Since Coke is the drink of choice in our house (for Michael - I prefer water), we had a lot of fun there. All the coke you could ever want to drink was at our disposal. Mmmm....but I drank TOO much and had a belly ache!

I was excited to sit on the American Idol couch. Remember when they used to use that? I think it was several seasons ago. 

She is so cute! Evelyn loves being on the go, so she seemed to really enjoy herself!

We also visited Stone Mountain Park. I had no idea that this even existed, and I was pretty surprised that a place like this was close to Atlanta. It was a huge park with camping, biking, trails, and several chains of lakes. And the really cool part was this huge mountain of granite. Someone at some point decided to carve into the side of the mountain. It was really impressive. 




Because we were staying in the upscale part of Atlanta, we were able to indulge in some incredible restaurants. We went to a French place called Bistro Niko, and it was the fanciest dining I've ever experienced. All of the waiters called us by name (Mr. and Mrs. Swift), and my glass was never empty. Seriously. Every time I took a sip of water, a waiter was there immediately to fill it back up. It was very formal, and I loved it. We also ate at another really cool place called Brick Tops, which was also pretty fancy, and we had Sunday lunch at Maggiano's. 


We decided to visit Lenox Square mall. I had never been to a Tiffany's before, and I really wanted to go and check it out. Audrey Hepburn made it so famous, and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. We got to this mall, and every store was a brand that you would see on the runway - Jimmy Choo, Valentino, Gucci, etc. It was crazy. Recession? What recession? Let's just say that Atlanta has a lot of wealth. And fancy cars. I've never seen so many Rolls Royce and Bentley cars in one place...

We had a great time, and our first family vacation/roadtrip was successful! It was so good to just get a way for a bit. And Evelyn was so good, too! Good food, good sight seeing, good quality time together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment