Thursday, February 9, 2012

Back to Work...

I've been back to work now for a month. 

And I don't like it.

Keep in mind that I only work two days a week.

The first morning that I worked and dropped her off at Grammie and Grampie's was horrible. I cried, more like sobbed, the entire way to work.

It has been good for me in a sense, that I am able to get out of the house.

But I really don't like it.

I have a new and huge appreciation for mommies who do it full time. It is hard enough for me doing two days a week, I can't imagine doing it five days a week. So working-full-time-mommy, I salute you and have a whole new respect for you.

Maybe when she's older it will be easier to leave her, but for now, it is very difficult.

I know my calling is to be a stay at home mommy (at least during these early years), so I am going to do everything in my power to make that happen.

It's just really hard when I am with all of these other children all day, when I know I could be at home with mine. 

And the pumping, cleaning bottles, packing her things, it's just a lot of hassle for a teeny tiny paycheck. 

I'm going to finish out the rest of the school year, and I'm going to finish strong. God has me here for a reason, and I need to keep reminding myself of that. But come fall...

I just don't want to miss a single moment with my sweet Evelyn. I want to have no regrets as she grows, and as our future children join our family. 

I really just want to follow God's plan, because He ultimately knows what's best and will lead us in the decision that is right for us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment