Sunday, February 13, 2011

Be Mine, Valentine

I remember in high school you could buy a flower and have it delivered to that special someone on Valentine's Day during one of their classes. I always hoped I would receive a flower from that certain guy I "thought" I liked, but throughout my high school years, none came. Every year led to disappointment. But now, looking back on that, I know God was protecting me from those fleeting, frivolous school girl romances, and I was saved for my first love, my husband. Thank you Lord!



Yesterday morning, Michael told me that we were going to spend the day in Destin celebrating Valentine's Day. It was a fabulous surprise! Destin is one of my favorite places to go, with its gorgeous beaches and fun city. I was excited and really wanted to go, but slightly hesitant that we should right now with all of our expenses. But, Michael received some money this week that we forgot about, and so we counted it a blessing and hopped in the car and drove!

We spent some time on the beach. It was a gorgeous, sunny day, with not a cloud in the sky. And the water was several shades of emerald and blue. We laid on the beach and cuddled, and went for a walk along the shore. It was beautiful. We spent some time bumming around the city, with a stop at the outlet mall. While we were in Ralph Lauren, Michael found some shirts and went to try them on. The fitting room happened to be right by the baby and toddler clothes. Of course, I had to take a look at them while he was in the fitting room. As I was looking at little boy clothes, my emotions overtook me and my eyes flooded with tears. I thought "why do I do this to myself?" I think the sales lady thought I was crazy as she came over and asked if I needed anything. I put the little boy outfit down and headed back to the fitting room to wait for Michael. Darn emotions...  We had a wonderful dinner at Carabba's....mmmm. We made our way to the town center - I love going there at night because it is all lit up and is so pretty. After a stop at Starbucks, we made our way home.

It was so nice to have a little valentine's getaway with no expectations and no pressure. With everything going on and all of the different things we face, it was so good to simply be ourselves and spend some much needed time together. We walked, talked, laughed, were silent together, held hands, rested, and just enjoyed each other.



Speaking of everything going on, I feel like my husband is being pulled in so many directions. He is being a great husband. He is being an incredible son as he helps his mother grieve the loss of her husband. He is dealing with my infertility and our tries at having a baby. He is leading youth into worship every week. He is dealing with a lot on our worship team, as a musician and a leader. He is going through a ton at work, a lot I don't even know about. I just know it is a lot.

He is a great and godly man, and is doing a phenomenal job. And I don't tell him that enough.



Tomorrow is a big day for us. We will find out at the RE if my treatments have been doing what they should and if I will ovulate. We find out if we will proceed with the IUI.


No comments:

Post a Comment