Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My New "Friends"

Yet another early morning visit at the fertility clinic...They know me now. I walk in and the receptionist says "Hey Rachel. How are ya doing? Have a seat." Then when I leave, they say "see you soon!" I've been there so much these past two weeks that they staff are becoming my "friends."

Anyways...

This ultrasound showed that one follicle grew to 20mm. This is great, because that means ovulation is coming! I was given a hCG shot which will trigger ovulation within the next 24-48 hours. So that means it is definitely go time, meaning....lots of sex! Hey, I can say it!! No sugar-coating here! It is what it is. And hey, I'm not complaining!  

We aren't proceeding with the IUI this month. I discussed this with my nurse this morning, and because only one follicle grew to maturity, an IUI is not done. They like to see 2-3 follicles grown, and my body only produced one. So, that means next cycle (if I'm not preggers), we will take a more aggressive approach to get my body to produce multiple eggs - which means femara again but adding more injections, and then if 2-3 eggs are big, then IUI. 

So now we wait. For two weeks. I go back in on March 2 for a pregnancy test. I am praying and believing for a positive!!! 

Love to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment