Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Little Bit of This and That

Well, it's been a little while since I have actually written a blog post. I have posted songs and quotes, mostly because I don't have anything too exciting to blog about. Don't get me wrong, we have been so busy, but with the daily "normal" things. So to update you on those, here come the......wait for it......ta da!! Bullet points!! I know you've been waiting for them!!!

  • I celebrated my 26th birthday last Wednesday. I don't feel any older, but the number 26 kind of gave me some strange feelings that I am indeed getting older. Remember when you were a little kid and anything after 22 seemed "old"? I opted for no extravagance this year - no gifts, no big parties. February has been an incredibly expensive month as I had to write out a huge check(s) to the fertility clinic. So, happy birthday to me - I get a month of treatment and/or IUI! I'm excited about it, and let's hope and pray that at the end of the month, the biggest gift ever will arrive - a big fat positive! On my birthday, we had dinner at my parents, and this past week, we celebrated with our closest friends at one of our favorite steak restaurants. I felt incredibly loved, and the best present ever was to be surrounded by the people that I love, and who are my support! Oh, my parents did get me an orange tree - I am so excited about it!

  • My hubby's birthday is today. I'm making him lasagna and chocolate cake for dinner. I think he will enjoy it. Hubby isn't too big on celebrating birthdays...I'm not sure why, maybe it just wasn't a big deal in his family growing up. But for me, I fully believe that everyone needs to feel loved and appreciated to the fullest on their birthday. So love and appreciate him I will. With food. And cuddling. And lovin'. 

  • I went in to NewLIFE last week for my first ultrasound of this treatment cycle. My very light period arrived with the assistance of progesterone. The appointment went well. I started first with the routine bloodwork and then the ultrasound. Normally in the ultrasound room, it has been just me and the nurse, but this time, it was the nurse, a med student, Dr. Ripps, and another nurse. I guess I must be an interesting case, because they all seemed very interested. I was glad to discover that Dr. Ripps will be in all of my appointments because I now have moved into the treatment stage. The ultrasound showed that my ovaries looked great and that I have lots of eggs, which is fabulous news! So, I went on femara for 5 days. I really didn't know what to expect with femara, because this is the first time I've been on it. Clomid always gave me migraines, hot flashes, no appetite, and moodiness. The femara only gave me a couple of tolerable hot flashes and fatigue and dizziness. The dizziness was actually pretty bad - I was playing keys on Sunday at church and I had to sit down because I got so dizzy that I almost fell over. But I am done taking that for now, and it definitely was doable. I go in tomorrow for another ultrasound, and then again Monday. I received my hCG injections in the mail yesterday, so I begin taking that on Monday. So I should find out tomorrow or Monday if my body has responded well to the treatments. If so, we will proceed with the IUI. I've been physically feeling well, and I also have not felt depressed or anxious in a long time, Praise God! That was becoming unbearable. But, my mind is going a million miles a minute. I constantly think about everything, over-analyze everything, and question everything. Sometimes I cry out to God in desperation, and other times I turn to the Psalms and let those words wash over me. Often times I still ask "why?" There are times where all I can do is listen to songs that speak to me and let them become my prayers. Oh Lord, be my shield and strength as I expectantly wait for and hope in You!

  • I got that nasty cold that has been plaguing schools and churches. Not fun. I stayed home Monday from work and all I did was rest. Which was perfect timing because I was exhausted from the femara. 

  • I have been diligently keeping my goal of reading through the Bible in one year. I am really enjoying it, more than I thought I would. God is speaking to me through His Word on a daily basis and I love it. This is what it's all about - a love relationship with the Father. 

  • I gave in and joined twitter. I actually really like it, because I get to read little nuggets every day from many preachers and evangelists, as well as my friends and a few celebrities. Fun fun! (you can find me @racheljoswift). 


Please pray for our upcoming week, especially in our decision to proceed with the IUI if everything looks good. Pray that my body responds well and that God's peace will fall, taking away all anxiety and fears. 
Have a fabulous Thursday! 
Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment