Monday, April 18, 2011

10 Weeks and 5 Days

First of all, I am so sorry that I have not blogged in a while! I have so many ideas for posts floating around in my head, but I am either too tired or too busy to sit down and type them out.

You guessed it! From the title, I am 10 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I am feeling very good. The nausea seems to have let up a bit, but there are still times where I am just not feeling well. I have thrown up 3 times - not that bad! I would give you my weight updates, but there is nothing to update - I haven't gained a pound. And yes, I do have the teeniest, tiniest little bump starting to show. It actually looks huge at night time, I am assuming because of bloating and eating. 

My boobs are starting to bust out of my largest bras, so it looks like I may have to hit up some clearance sections or Ross to find something that works for now. And they are definitely still sore. I had a student (remember they either have a behavioral disorder or are autistic, this one had a BD) that for some reason, decided to run at me full force and punch both of my boobs. I definitely was not expecting it and didn't have time to protect myself, and it hurt so bad. It took everything within me to not spank this child. But believe me, I verbally went off on him and he went to "time out" for the remainder of music- I was pretty crabby that day, too. Oh dear, the hazards of teaching pre-k. As long as they don't touch my belly, I am fine! And I keep telling myself "only 5 more weeks and then summer!!!"

We ordered a crib from Storkland expecting it to take a long time to come in. But, it came in on Friday, so Michael and I set it up on Saturday! Well actually, hubby set it up and I watched. It is gorgeous. I am thrilled! And, we already got our sweet Chicco travel system. My parents gifted it to us, and we are so grateful! It is so cute! I will post pictures of all of our new baby things soon. And maybe I will even post some "growing" belly photos, too! :)

We told my parents the day after my 8 week ultrasound. I wanted to be able to show them the photo of their growing grandchild. The moment that we shared was so sweet - we wept together, rejoiced together, and thanked God together. It was a moment I will never forget. Next up, tell my brothers, extended family and friends, and then it will be public! 

I have my 12 weeks appointment a week from Wednesday, and it cannot come soon enough! I just want to hear the heartbeat again. There are some days where fear just consumes me, and all I want to do is bust into the doctor's office and demand an ultrasound so I can see the baby, healthy and growing. And some days, I am confident that everything is fine! It is such a roller-coaster. The past few weeks have been especially hard, because I have received devastating news about my dear friend and other friends and acquaintances. First and foremost, my heart is breaking for my dear friend. I feel helpless. I just love her so much and don't want to see her hurting. Everything within me wishes I could just take it away... And secondly, I become so incredibly fearful when I receive news of that nature. I have to trust that God has a plan. I have to say that "no matter what" it is in Your hands, Lord. It is definitely a challenge to my faith. Upon learning that I was pregnant, my dear friend shared with me prayers and promises to speak over me and baby. I cling to those every day, and she may never know the impact of sharing those with me. They are precious.

As I said before, I have several blog ideas that I would like to write about. I hope that if I tell you what they are, I will hold myself accountable to do them. Here they are...
  • Authenticity as a Christ-follower - from church to our personal lives, authenticity seems to be lacking in the modern church and believers.
  • I made AMAZING homemade cereal - I'll give you the recipe and photos to help you make it!
  • Our dear friends are in an incredible adoption journey. Learn how you can help!
  • My blog is going to go public soon - reasons why and reasons why we waited this long, and why we were "in the closet" about our infertility journey.

I covet all of your prayers for me, baby, and hubby. Love to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment