Wednesday, April 20, 2011

MAF Cereal

Not too long ago, I made my first batch of home-made cereal. We've had this cereal before, at a youth camp that Michael and I played music at once a year early on in our marriage. We both LOVE the cereal, and my first batch was eaten in about one week. The recipe is extremely easy, with only a few ingredients. The hardest part of the recipe is that it has a long bake time, but you can get it done in just a couple of hours. The cereal is actually a missionary's recipe, from Mission Aviation Fellowship. Enjoy!!!



Ingredients:
6 cups dry quick oats
1 cup white sugar
1 cup margarine, melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon (I prefer a stronger cinnamon flavor, so I double that)



Mix above ingredients by spoon. 

(I actually used my hands when I added the melted margarine to knead it in)



Spread mixture on a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan. Bake at 200-250 degrees for 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes (I set the timer every 15 min). Mixture should be golden brown and dry. 




You can add dried fruit AFTER baking. If you want nuts or coconut, add BEFORE baking. I doubled the recipe and this is how much it made.



It is delicious and high in protein and fiber - a great cereal! And, you can add whatever you want to it. It also is a great snack to have a handful of on the go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment