Friday, April 22, 2011

Spring Break is FINALLY Here!!!!

It's here! I've been waiting so long! Since January, actually. For some crazy reason, the Escambia County School district thought it would be a great idea to go from January 4th to April 22 with NO break, NO days off. Obviously, the people making this decision have never step foot into a classroom and do not understand what it is like to teach students for 16 weeks straight. Most teachers, myself included, have been going out of our minds anticipating spring break. Even the students were getting antsy and sick of their teachers and of each other. But, our week long break has finally arrived!!!

I have a few goals for spring break 2011:
  • take baths
  • give my immune system a break from all of the germs I come in contact with - hopefully my body can make a full recovery and I will be so healthy to finish out the year!
  • get a pedicure
  • sleep in as much as I can
  • go on a mini vacation with hubby - Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Orlando all in 5 days!

Monday and Tuesday I have completely free - so the sleeping in and baths will surely occur. Wednesday I have my 12 week OB appointment - hooray!!! I think I am having the doppler done at this appointment, so I am thrilled to be able to hear the most beautiful sound in the world again! After my appointment on Wednesday, we head out on our mini vacation! We do have some plans in place - we will stay with Michael's sister in Jacksonville. On Thursday, Michael and I will head down to Sea World! We went there on our honeymoon, so it is going to be so much fun going back. I love that place! On Friday, we are going to spend the day in St. Augustine. It is such a beautiful and historic city, and I am so thrilled that we are finally going to take a horse drawn carriage ride through the city. I have always wanted to do that - we've been there over 10 times and have never done it. Saturday and Sunday we are going to chill with the family in Jacksonville. I hope to do a little shopping and hit up some maternity stores - Jacksonville has some great shopping! My jeans are getting tight, to the point where I unbutton them by around 2pm every afternoon. I'm fine in the morning, it's just that by the afternoon, I'm so bloated that my pants dig into my belly. So, I'm thinking I'll need to invest in some belly bands. Yay! I've been waiting so long to be able to shop for maternity clothes!  

I will do a post when we get back all about our adventures and with photos. I hope that you are able to find some time to rest over the next week, and enjoy time with family as we reflect on what Christ did for us that day on the cross! He is Risen! He is risen indeed!

I'm officially on break! Can you tell I'm excited???

No comments:

Post a Comment