Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Season of Rest

Rest.

Stillness.

Quiet.

Words that God has been speaking to me. I wrote previously about my land inbetween, and this is definitely a major part of it. I am in this new season, one that I've never experienced before.  And I am having a difficult time understanding and knowing what rest really means. I definitely understand physical rest, and I do that well. I can easily sit and watch my favorite show on Netflix, take a nap, read a book, spend time on my iPad. But God is leading me to rest - spiritually, mentally. To breathe in, breathe out, and rest in Him. But because I've been so busy doing this and that for so long, I really don't know what rest really is, what it should look like, and what it should be. I just know that He is teaching, He is leading in at all.

God led me to step down from leading worship and being involved and serving, and now I am standing here asking "now what?" And His answer is "Rest. Be still. Be quiet."

I'm having a really hard time with feeling insignificant. I day in and day out take care of a most precious gift, but I feel as if at some point, I've lost my dream. I couldn't even tell you a dream that I have or a calling that I feel has been placed over my life. I ask "What is my purpose?" and again I hear "Rest. Be still. Be quiet."

After a conversation with my dear friend and a conversation with my hubby, God has shown me that I cannot not rely on any one person, one church, one friend, one worship leader, to be my connection to Christ. No matter how great the pastor, how intimate the worship, how excellent the service, how beautiful the conversation - I have access to a direct relationship with Him. And I need to work on that. I can have those intense worship moments in my car, in my living room, just me and Him. I cannot rely on anyone else to do it for me.

As I grapple and struggle with all of these things, I receive confirmation after confirmation, and I hear God telling me to rest in Him. And He speaks rest through other daily things - a text with a verse from a friend, a blog post, a Jesus Calling devotion, a conversation with a worship leader.

And I know that as He teaches me how to rest, He will give me renewed dreams and callings. He will give me significance. He will fill me up. I will have direct relationship with Him. He will...

I do not know how long this time of rest will last, but I do know that it is going to be huge thing for me, and I am claiming that it is life-changing.

So it's time to dig deep in this season of rest, to pray that it is fruitful, to seek Him directly, to let Him work...

"...In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength..." Isaiah 30:15


No comments:

Post a Comment