Wednesday, April 11, 2012

So Many Firsts...

(So, I had this all typed up, with all of the pictures. I posted it, and then I accidentally deleted it. Grr....So I will do my best to remember what I wrote about.)

Evelyn has been growing so much lately.  I't's amazing watching her grow, change, and develop.

She is now 5 months old, and the other day, she rolled from her back to her belly! It is quite the feat for a baby - it's hard work rolling that little body over! So now she is rolling and rolling like crazy. She is definitely more mobile! She still hasn't been able to sit up on her own. Every time I try to get her to practice it, she pushes up on her legs and only wants to stand!

Evelyn is grabbing at everything! My hair, Daddy's beard, Ginger's ears. She loves grabbing her little giraffe and her paci. She picks up her paci, puts it in her mouth, and chews on it!

The other day, I noticed that her poor little ankles were all scratched up. I couldn't figured out why until I watched her grab her ankles and feet when she is laying on the floor. She loves playing with and holding her feet, so she scratches them accidentally. I guess if it hurt she would stop. 

She is still sleeping through the night, which is absolutely wonderful. We had to stop swaddling her because she would roll over onto her tummy and then not be able to roll back over because her arms were swaddled in. It was a bit scary to wake up to her screaming face down, so we decided to try and stop swaddling, and she did great! 

Michael and I decided that we wanted to instill in her at an early age that dinner time is family time, and that we all sit together. So, we've been putting her in her high chair at the table with us with some toys to play with as we eat. I think she's got it figured out - she watches us eat and opens her mouth and "begs." I think she is definitely ready to start eating food. We are going to wait until her 6 month check up, so her doctor can instruct us in what to do. I don't want to give up breastfeeding yet, I love it. 

Evelyn sure is talking a lot more, too! She loves looking at pictures, and she even talks to Ellen on TV. It's pretty darn cute. And, she is finally taking longer and more consistent naps throughout the day.

As for me, I can honestly say that I am feeling physically better. I never realized that it could take 6 months post-partum for me to start feeling better. I know my hormones have been crazy because of being pregnant and giving birth, but I was getting tired of feeling exhausted and dizzy all of the time. I was even feeling anxious and overwhelmed at times, but that has lessened, thank God. And here is something HUGE HUGE HUGE - I got my period, naturally. For those of you who have been following our story from the beginning, you know how amazingly huge this is. I have not had a natural period, one on my own, for 11 years. It was a major cause of my infertility. So perhaps this period means that my body may get a cycle! 
It is a little glimmer of hope...

We've been enjoying so many firsts together! Enjoy the pictures, get ready for mega adorable-ness and cuteness!!!


We love going for family walks, and now Evelyn goes big-girl style! She loves being able to see everything....and sometimes fall asleep.



 We took Evelyn to the beach for the first time!! She loved the feel of the sand, but thought it was for eating!



The water was a little chilly, and she didn't appreciate a big wave splashing up on her.



Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!



There is a beautiful park near our house, so we took her to see if she would like it. She loved it!



Stylin' in our shades



Ready to go down the slide!



Lovin' the swings



Swinging with Daddy



Happy Easter!



My loves...











Our first Easter as a family of three...




No comments:

Post a Comment