Monday, October 1, 2012

11 Months


My Lil Pumpkin is 11 months old.

I'm not sure I am ready to come to terms with the fact that she will be one year old in just a few short weeks. It's bittersweet, because all the new things that she's doing and discovering are so much fun, but time is just going by too fast. All those people that tell you that you blink and your child is grown - they are right. 

She now has six teeth! Four on top, two on the bottom. I love her toothy smiles, but the teeth really change her looks - she's losing her baby look, and becoming a toddler.


Speaking of toddling, she took her first steps a few weeks ago! And now she is walking all over the house, and has gotten so good at it. My business and tiredness has gone to a whole new level now. Nap times are a must - for her and me!

I am so excited to say that we had her ears pierced. They look so stinkin cute on her. So girly. She did great during the healing process, but the poor girl cried and cried after she got them done. I think everyone in that doctor's office thought she was being tortured or something!

All of the little new things that she does brings such joy to my heart, like - drinking from a sippy cup, pointing with her little finger, turning lights on and off, pushing the garage door button, patting me on the back, waving her hands at everyone, and clicking her tongue. She is definitely a talker, and loves to yell and scream. I haven't heard any words yet, but she definitely can tell a story using her own words - I often laugh because it sounds like she's speaking in tongues, you never know, right?

At her last check up, she weighed 17 pounds, 13 ounces, and was 29 inches long. She's very long and lean. And that would explain why all of her pants are too short and too loose around the waist.

I am currently surrounded by a million pink projects for her birthday party. The theme is "pretty in pink" and there is going to be so much pink everywhere! I am so excited to be able to celebrate her life, to celebrate the beautiful gift that God has given us!


Aaaaand my child is adorable. Look at those eyes!

XOXO.


No comments:

Post a Comment