Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Today


It's only 11 am, but today, as I emptied the dish washer, vacuumed the floors, made my smoothie, changed yet another diaper and wiped another tear, I've had some overwhelming feelings....

Peace.
Yesterday, I blogged about our desire to have more children. And honestly, it was weighing heavy that entire day. Today, that desire remains, but that heavy feeling has been replaced by peace. I feel free of it. I know my God is bigger, I know my God is greater. I look at my sweet baby and see that I've already been healed. As my wise and godly mother said, "God will provide the way..." 

Relish.
I woke up to sounds of chatter from Evelyn, and as I went to go snuggle my almost-one-year-old-baby, I was reminded to relish in these moments, because they are moments that will be gone like a vapor. She will continue to grow into the godly, world-changing miracle that she has been called to be. So I relish with all of my heart in the here and now, in every smile, every tear, every snuggle, every laugh, wave, kiss and chatter.  

Thanksgiving.
I am so full of thanks for what God is doing - there's a lyric that keeps running in my head - "He's doing a new thing, so we're singing a new song."

Miracles of life.
Do you need to be reminded that God still heals, that He still works miracles? That "signs and wonders" still do happen? I suggest you visit a few stories...not just stories, but accounts of living, breathing people, my friends. You can read about Christy, Jessica, and myself


No comments:

Post a Comment