Wednesday, September 14, 2011

32 Weeks

This morning I had my 32 week appointment. I can't believe I'm here already! So exciting! 

My blood pressure was where it normally is, around 116/68, and I now weigh 155 pounds. Her heartbeat was clear and easy to find, in the upper 140s. I am measuring at 33 centimeters. 

Dr. Sontag said that I've had such a great pregnancy, and that he is happy with everything. My only question/concern for him was that my allergies have been horrible and this allergy cough has lasted four weeks now. Come to find out, it is completely normal in the third trimester to experience worsening allergies. He was able to feel her and tell us what is where, which was really fun! Two weeks ago, she was nestled in horizontally across my belly, which is why I felt so many kicks and movements on my sides. But today, her head was down in the lower left part of my uterus, and her butt was in the upper right. So that means she has moved into a somewhat head down position!!!

Everyone keeps saying how small I look for being 32 weeks, but I'm not sure if I really am. I mean, I feel huge with this belly that I'm not used to and a bigger butt and thighs and boobs, but she is measuring perfectly. Maybe it's the way I'm carrying, because I have such a long torso. Or maybe I am small. All I know is that I'm praying to not have a nine pound baby, like I was. Seven pounds would be perfect - a little peanut! 

I'm feeling great, I've just noticed in the past week that I've been getting so tired so easily. Other than that, I feel wonderful. Pregnancy has been amazing, almost easy for me. I've never felt miserable, and I have to say, I love being pregnant.

My shower is coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm so excited! It will be so wonderful to celebrate our sweet girl with the ones I love. 

Oh, and, Michael and I finished up our last prepared childbirth class Monday night. We've had a lot of fun in those classes, and we learned a lot. We ended the class with a tour of the hospital. It was so much fun - Sacred Heart is a beautiful facility, and stopping by the nursery to look at all the newborns was delightful! So, we finished class and received an official certificate of completion. Does that mean we are now certified to be parents???? Haha! Up next is a breastfeeding class and two newborn parenting classes....

God is good.

Be blessed and love to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment