Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pursuit

Do you ever have a song stop you in your tracks? This one does it for me every time. Daniel Bashta released a new album last week, and I swear I could write a separate blog post about each song. The album is amazing, completely God-breathed. There were moments as I was listening to the CD that I thought, "I think God had Daniel Bashta write these songs just for me." Every single one has spoken to me. 

There is one that I have to listen to over and over. It features one of my favorite singers, Kim Walker, so of course it was going to be one of my favorite songs on the album. It came on the other day when I was driving, I hit repeat and sang along at the top of my lungs. As I sang, I couldn't help but let the tears flow. I wasn't just singing. This was my prayer, my shout to God, a pouring from my heart. 


"I will pursue You..."
We've all been guilty of it. We are on our knees during the hard times. We pray like never before, we read our Bibles. Then life takes over, things seem to be going well, and our pursuit of Him becomes second. And then something happens, big or small, and we are back at the feet of Him.
I will pursue You, no matter what - good days, bad days, okay days. 
I will pursue You - for me, for Michael, for my family, for my friends. 

"Strip everything away..."
I feel like God has been doing that in my life, especially in the last couple of weeks. Stripping down everything -  our finances, our ministry in worship, our relationships, our "normal" - until all I see is Him. A word of caution - if you ask Him to strip everything away, He will, and it will be painful. But He will make it beautiful. 

"I can't live without Your presence..."
Sometimes I think I can. I really do. I've got this, God. I can manage. 
But the reality is, I can't. No matter how much I try, no matter how much planning I do - I can't. 


I hope this song speaks to you as much as it has to me. 


Pursuit - Daniel Bashta, Kim Walker

Strip everything away
'Till all I have is You
Undo the veils
So all I see is You

I will pursue You
I will pursue Your presence
I will pursue You
I will pursue Your presence

Open my eyes
Search me inside
I can't live without Your presence
I can't live without Your presence

I'm pressing into You
So do not pass me by
I'm breaking through the boundaries
I will not be denied

I can't live without Your presence
I can't live without Your presence

I will pursue...



No comments:

Post a Comment