Friday, June 10, 2011

Feel Those Kicks! It's Gonna Be A Soccer Player!

Yes, the above is a quote from our all time favorite movie, Billy Madison.

The first time I felt baby kick was two weeks ago. I was sitting in church. I was 16 weeks pregnant at the time, and I had heard that this was very early to feel baby kicks, and I wasn't sure if what I was feeling was actually the baby. But, as the days passed, and those flutters came and went in the same spot, it became clear that it was definitely baby! 

Over the past two weeks, the kicking has gotten more and more frequent, especially as my belly has grown. And oh my, how the belly has grown. I feel much bigger now than I did two weeks ago, like I have definitely gone through a growth spurt! It is so exciting! I cannot at all button up any pants, so the rubber band trick and the use of belly bands have been lifesavers. Maternity pants may be the next step. I'm trying to go as long as I can without them. :) I am still able to wear all of my tops, thank God! 

I am now 18 weeks along. Last night in bed, baby Swift was so active. I could even feel double kicks! I put my hand on my belly to see if the kicks can be felt on the outside, and they definitely can. I waited for another kicking moment, and grabbed Michael's hand and placed it on my belly. He could feel it!!! It was a sweet, precious, exciting moment. 

In ten more days, on Monday the 20th, we will find out the gender! The time is going by fast, and I am anxiously awaiting. I feel like once we know, we will be able to give the baby an identity - he or she! And who knows, we may name the baby soon!  

Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment