Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Half-Way Mark, And It's A....

I am now 20 weeks, which means I am halfway through the pregnancy!!! I can't believe how fast it has gone, and I know that the second half will only go faster. I am soaking up every day of this pregnancy, every moment, every milestone, and every simple thing.

It was Michael's first Father's Day as a father to our baby! I have always viewed him as a father and example to so many. I always said, especially in the thick of our infertility, that he would always be a father to many, even if we would have no children of our own. But this year brought much celebration, different celebration. He has been a father to many, and now he is a father to ours. The sweetest moment of that day was when Isaak ran to me at church and gave me a hug and huge kiss and said "Happy Father's Day!" It brought tears to my eyes. He  ran to Michael and said the same thing. Then he looked at me with those huge blueberry eyes and said "I love ZahZoo!" (Zahzoo is the nickname that he calls me.) No matter what, no matter how many children I may have, that sweet boy will always hold a special place in my heart.


On Monday, we had our big appointment - THE ultrasound. I was so excited to find out the sex, but equally excited to be able to see our baby again and all of the changes. We have not seen our baby since our 8 week ultrasound, so I knew I was in for some awesome things. 

Michael and I went in together to the ultrasound room, where the nurse started with looking at the head and the brain. She worked down, examining the heart, the stomach, the lungs, arms, legs, and then finally asked, "Do you want to know what you are having?" And yes, we definitely did!

We are having a...............



GIRL!!!
"Our Gift From God"


I of course cried a little, (actually a lot), and stared in amazement at the screen as I watched our baby. A little girl. Our little girl. I am blessed beyond measure. 

Michael and I shared sweet moments together as we looked at our beautiful baby girl, and took in every moment. We then were able to get the full view of our baby, that popular profile view. I could see her ears, eyes, nose, chin, beating heart. She kept her little hand up by her face the entire time, showing off each finger. We watched in amazement as she moved her arms and legs. She opened and closed her mouth, telling us a sweet story. 

Michael went back into the waiting room to get my parents and his mom so they could see baby and find out that she was a girl! They were amazed, too. There were tears and excitement as we told them that the baby is a girl, and they stood in awe as they watched her. 

Oh, how I loved every minute of that long ultrasound. I didn't want it to stop. But, we went and saw Dr. Sontag, and he told us that he couldn't be more happy with me and with the baby. Everything looked perfect. I am measuring right on track, and the baby is developing perfectly. I now weigh 132 pounds, with a total weight gain of 10 pounds. I definitely have officially "popped" now, with my belly actually looking pregnant now! I love it.

After we left the hospital, we all went to the Olive Garden for lunch, and celebrated our little girl. 

We headed to do a little shopping, where I had to buy some things to add a little pink in my life. Oh. My. Goodness. Shopping for a baby girl is irresistible. I may be in trouble.... But, I found some things, and controlled myself from going shopping-crazy, because I know pink gifts will be coming!




A newborn outfit - I'm thinking this is the hospital outfit! It is a pink and white striped Ralph Lauren. I love the little white silk bow. And the hat.....!!!


How does this not melt your heart????


Monday was a day I will never forget. It was beautiful, every part of it.....

On Wednesday, I went with my mom and my mom-in-law to pick out some fabric for the baby room. I was definitely successful, and later that evening, we sewed curtains and hung them! I love the way they turned out. Next, we will be making the comforter for the crib...

What a week!! I've prayed and prayed for these moments, and I know so many others have joined us and stood with us in prayer and unyielding support no matter what, as our painful journey through the storm of bringing this baby into our lives unfolded. The support, excitement, and rejoicing from others has encouraged me and lifted me. I know this baby is already loved by our friends and family. Each and every text and phone call that we received when we told our loved ones about our little girl was precious and will always hold a special place in my heart, and their rejoicing with us means more to us than words can ever say. I am so thankful for these precious people in our lives.

I love you all. 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog brought tears to my eyes! You will be a fantastic mother! I'm so very happy for you and your husband!

    Julie H.

    ReplyDelete