Monday, June 27, 2011

Adventures in Registering and Shopping

The day after we found out we were having a girl, we decided to go ahead and register at our favorite baby store...Target! Their baby department is awesome.

All of our random trips to Target to browse the baby section paid off. We pretty much had the major things picked out before we got to the store. We brought my parents and Michael's mom with us, grabbed the scanner gun, and off we went! 

We immediately went to the bigger items that we had picked out already - a pack & play, monitors, breast pump, swing, and bath tub. The smaller things took us a lot longer to pick out. Who knew there are so many different types of bottles and pacifiers?? And an endless selection of soft and cuddly pink blankets and receiving cloths???

We conquered each aisle, scanning left and right. And, we went through each aisle again, making sure that we didn't miss anything! We had a really fun time! And, the registry is now ready and complete. 



On Friday, Michael took a well needed day off from work, so we decided to head down to Destin to do some shopping. The day we found out baby is a girl, I did a little shopping for some pink things, but Michael had to go back to work. So, a day in Destin was a great opportunity for us to pick out some special pink items together. We hit the jackpot at Children's Place Outlet and Carter's Outlet. We were able to get some really cute things for pretty cheap, especially since we found a lot on the $2.99 clearance rack! Holla!! 

We eventually headed over to Destin Commons where we discovered an adorable baby boutique called Hugs and Hissyfits. Most things were pretty expensive, but beautiful and one of a kind. They had a great bow/headband/hat selection. I had to refrain from going crazy, but picked out a few special ones. Our little girl will most likely be wearing a bow, headband, or hat at all times. They are so feminine and too cute. She is going to be like a little doll - I can't help but play dress up with her!

There will be many more bows, flowers, headbands, and hats to come. Some of them are so ornate and incredibly beautiful. I have several picked out from a few really cool websites...


While we were at the Commons, horrific dizziness came over me. I felt like I was drunk, almost falling over. We had to leave. I ended up being dehydrated and over-heated. It came on at once, and it was scary. I was on my feet all day, didn't drink enough, and didn't eat regularly enough. Also, they say that mid-pregnancy is when your blood pressure is at its lowest, so dizziness can be "common." Ugh. My heart was racing because I knew something was wrong, but thankfully, nothing was wrong with baby, just me. So, I felt somewhat ill the entire weekend, and even today, I still feel a little "off." I learned my lesson the hard way. I have been drinking A TON of water and making sure I eat every two hours even if I'm not hungry. I was scared for sure. 

I have come across some really cute websites that have beautiful items, specifically really girly items. Some of my favorites are:

Are there any neat infant/baby/child product websites that you have come across? Please share in my comment section! I always love hearing from you!

Well, our baby shopping has come to an end for a while. We have some really cute, special items that we were able to pick out together. Now we just wait for our sweet baby to arrive so she can wear and use all of these adorable things!!!


1 comment:

  1. www.girlscrochetheadbands.com/
    I think they are the most affordable website for girl head bands and flower and everything else i can think of!

    Jayda

    ReplyDelete