Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Break...I Can Taste It!!

I have one day left of work, and then...SUMMER BREAK!!! I am so ready for a break from work - from the students, from my coworkers, and from the drama. I am most looking forward to time to really enjoy being pregnant, and being able to rest and take it easy. I do have some plans for the summer - Michael's mom is coming to stay with us for a while, and I will be flying up to Wisconsin to spend a week with my family. For the rest of the time, I plan on getting in a lot of pool and beach time, and friends and family time. 



To me, summer also means reading time! I love to read, and I usually am not able to read a whole lot during the school year, because I am so busy. So, I have a stack of books all picked out and ready to read! Here is my summer reading list... (I know it seems like a huge list, but I love to read, and I think I will be able to read all of them. I will probably add even more to the list!)
  • Breaking Free by Beth Moore (I am currently reading this one)
  • Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare To Ask God For The Impossible by Steven Furtick
  • Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
  • One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
  • Fitting Room: Putting On The Character of Christ by Kelly Minter
  • Sons of Encouragement by Francine Rivers
  • Crazy Love by Francis Chan (I am returning to this one, I think it is worth another read)
  • Jesus Culture by Banning Liebscher
  • Radical by David Platt
  • Harry Potter Books 1-7 by J.K. Rowling (this will be my second time reading this - love them!)
  • Pregnancy Books (I will continue to read all of them - full of such good info!)


One exciting announcement that I have is that I will be returning to work in the fall, but only for a part time, two day a week position. I am so thankful that the school district has worked it out that I can return and still teach music, but be part time. This will allow me to put my family first, and baby will have top priority. It has always been a dream of mine to stay home with my children, especially during those first early years. I want to look back and have no regrets! This allows me to do just that, but still maintain a relationship with the school district. It will definitely put a dent in our family budget, but we are willing to cut back and sacrifice to make this work. I am so excited to be able to fulfill the "dream job" that I have always wanted and longed for - a mother! The whole thing just makes me smile when I think about it.   :)


Love to you all...


No comments:

Post a Comment