Friday, July 8, 2011

I've Been Working On The Baby Room...

I've been asked, "What have you been up to the past couple of weeks?" Well, I have been hard at work decorating and putting together the baby room. I had decided a long time ago that I did not want to go with a pink or blue theme based on the gender of the baby, so after much thought, I came up with: animal print theme with lime green and dark brown as my two colors. And I absolutely love it. I was able to do most things affordably, with purchases from Hobby Lobby, Ikea, Home Depot, Ross, and Target. Most of those purchases were made with coupons or were from the clearance section! Our splurge was the crib and bedding from Storkland. But, we made up for it by making the curtains and comforter ourselves!


So cute! I just love it.
Putting up all the different circles was a three hour long project, but it was really fun to just randomly put them up and discover that random really does work (when it comes to decor like that!)



I am so proud of myself - with my mom and mom-in-law's help, I made the curtains!!!
Blanket on chair from Bed Bath and Beyond, pillow from Hobby Lobby, curtain rod from Ross, curtain fabric from JoAnn, wall dots from Home Depot.


Changing table from Ikea, it just needs a changing pad. The mirror is also from Ikea. Aren't the safari animals cute? I found them at Hobby Lobby. I got the cubby drawers from Home Depot and the rug from Ross.


 Dresser from Ikea, lamp from Target


The comforter that we (me, my mom, my mom-in-law) made! The green side is organic cotton and the brown side is a soft, lightweight fleece. And the border is silky! I can't wait to snuggle under it with our little girl, and I'm sure she will enjoy it in her crib! 


Now in about 18 weeks, a baby will actually be able to enjoy this room! Decorating it was incredible. As I was working on it, I reflected back to the times that I would just stand in this empty and waiting room, and weep. There were times where I was face down on the floor of the room, crying out to God to give us a child. I will never forget those moments, those years. If you are facing infertility, or a similar situation, know that I pray for you every day. You are on my heart, my mind, and always will be.



No comments:

Post a Comment