Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Michael

I love the way you look at me from across the room.

I love the way you wink your eye, only at me.

I love the way you know just how to hold my hand.

I love how you make me want to be a better person, to be unselfish, to seek God.

I love how you blow kisses to me every time I have to watch you leave on a plane for work.

I love how I sob when you leave on your business trips, because it reminds me of the treasure that you are, and keeps me thankful for the man that you are.


I love how you gently play with my hair.

I love how you hate touching feet, but will still rub mine, even if I have to beg.

I love how you rub my back every night.

I love how I know exactly what you are thinking just by the glance you give.

I love how you keep me grounded.

I love how you are an incredible guitarist and you don't even realize it.


I love how it drives me crazy that you are musically gifted without the help of any music theory or training.

I love how you worship God with the gifts He's given you.

I love how you lead others by example.

I love how you are a straight-shooter.

I love how you seek God in everything.

I love how happy it makes you to see me happy, even if it means taking me to Sea World and spending an hour at the sting ray tank.


I love how others look to you for advice.

I love how we seem to say the same movie quotes at the same time.

I love your aroma, without cologne.

I love how your quiet presence can fill a room.

I love how you listen and are slow to respond.

I love how you are patient with my shortcomings.

I love when we are leading worship together, I glance over at you, your hands are raised in worship, and you are singing out to God. 

I love how you are like a kid in a candy store when you get a steak.


I love how you kept all hope for God to give us a child, when I had lost all hope.

I love how you reminded me when I needed it most that God still heals, God still performs miracles. 

I love how you just let me cry, without me feeling embarrassed about it.

I love how strong you are.

I love when I can see your emotions, even when you come across emotion-less.

I love how you have been a father to our little friends.


I love how you look when you ride your motorcycle.

I love how you provide for me.

I love how you exemplify Colossians 3:23.

I love how your co-workers, peers, and friends respect and look to you.

I love how you invest in the youth.

I love how you come home from work, give me hugs and kisses, and rub my belly.

I love it when you grow out your beard in the fall.

I love how you kiss me.



I love how people think we are that "cute couple."

I love how my heart still skips a beat when I see you.

I love how we still feel like newlyweds.

I love how you make sure not to miss a single baby appointment, and your willingness to be there in every aspect of this pregnancy.

I love how you put up with my non-stop picture taking.


I love how you sit and watch the Bachelor with me.

I love how you love my parents, and consider them "mom" and "dad."

I love how you have your father's eyes.

I love how Ginger watches and waits for you.

I love how knowing our unborn baby is a girl already melts your heart.

I love how you found some girly baby outfits, and said "I'm getting these. She has to have these."


I love how I love to dress up for you.

I love how you make me feel pretty, seven years later.

I love your laugh.

I love how when you smile really big, you get "smile lines" on the corners of your eyes.

I love how I can always depend on you for wise, thought out advice.


I love how our baby girl kicks like crazy when you poke at my belly. No one else can do that, not even me.

I love how you love her already.

I love how you kiss my belly, and talk to her.

I love how she is going to be "daddy's girl."

I love how you think I am most beautiful now, when I am carrying our baby.




I love how you love me.

I am thankful.

I am blessed.

I love you, my Michael.


No comments:

Post a Comment