Friday, July 29, 2011

Where I Come From

Last week, I flew up to Wisconsin to visit my family. Hubby was in China on a business trip, so instead of sitting at home alone, I hopped on a plane and headed to the land of cheese!

While I was there, my Aunt Missy gave me my first baby shower. Twenty of my closest family and friends celebrated my sweet miracle! It meant so much to have each and every one there, they all hold a special place in my heart. I was given so many beautiful things - I feel so loved and blessed! 

Gorgeous roses to celebrate our baby!


Yummy treats! The cupcakes were so pretty. The little sweetheart is my cousin's daughter.


Opening sweet gifts! 
Every card made me cry - I had to stop reading them and read them later!
To my left is my dear friend Lauren and her baby, and my dear sister-in-law Jenelle and her baby! It was so good to spend time with them, talk, and just be together while I was there. 


My gorgeous mom


Lauren and her sweetie


The 24 week belly with my daddy


Aunt Missy - thank you so much for a wonderful shower!


Beautiful gifts...









During my visit, I was able to spend some much needed time with my family. My niece and nephews have grown so much since Christmas, and I was so excited to see them. 


My nephew Chase. He is one of the sweetest little boys.


My brother Ben with our newest nephew, Emry


And my niece, Ava. I got spend so much time with her because I got to watch her during the days! Since being home, I feel like I'm going through Ava-withdrawals. :(
She loves her Milwaukee Brewers!!!



I am blessed to be a member of an amazing and loving family. I love how I can see our rich heritage with God as the center, and see how He has blessed all of us. There have been trials, heartache, and pain, but through it all, God has kept us close and been our steady source of strength. We see evidence of His love and faithfulness woven deeply into our family.
I am so thankful for godly parents, who shared with us the greatest gift of all - Jesus.


I think of the testimony of so many things that our family has gone through - health issues, loss of loved ones, sending our dear brother to Iraq, challenges in school, testings of our faith, infertility, miscarriages, and many other things. And through it all,
He has always been faithful.


And now we can pass His love and faithfulness on to the next generation.
Oh, my sweet nephews, nieces, and my own children that are coming and yet to come: How I pray for you every day, that you will come to know Him and His love! I know you will do great things for Him! You are all gifts that have been given to us; you are His, and God has entrusted us to love and care for you! It is a responsibility that I do not take lightly, but prayerfully! How I pray for God to use you greatly and do a magnificent work in your lives! 

 To God be the glory!


1 comment:

  1. I am a new follower. I love reading your stories. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete