Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Random Things

So, I have finally decided to start this blogging adventure. I have always loved reading my friends' blogs, so I was inspired! So, I figured a good first post would be some random things about  me:

1. My middle name is Jo. I think it is so cute.

2. I love lip gloss and chapstick. When I was younger, I had a Lip Smackers wall in my room. Although I don't have lip smackers any more, I have a huge collection of various balms, glosses, and chappies.

3. My favorite color is blue. Most of the tops that I wear are some shade of blue.

4. I am a very social person - a people person! I love being around people. But, I only have a couple close friends. And my mom is one of them.

5. Music is my passion. Enough said.

6. I have finally come to terms with an issue that I have. I am a shopaholic. Now that I've admitted it and have surrendered our finances to God, I am a recovering shopaholic.

7. I love Jesus. I am feeling a stirring in my heart about great things that are happening in my personal relationship with him. After all these years doing "church" because it's just what we do as good born-again believers, I am ready for more. I am beginning to understand what God is really all about. It took about 20 years to get here. I don't want to waste another day being a lazy Christian. More to come on that topic...

8. I love kids. And I think they love me. I'm not sure why, but kids just seem drawn to me. I've had many encounters with kids in public that I don't even know, but they still approach me and ask me to tie their shoes or tell me about their favorite toy.

9. My husband keeps me grounded. I am a free spirit.

10. People still mistake me for a high-schooler.

11. Just in the past months, God has brought two amazing women into my life. We have grown so close in such a short time, and I have never had such closer friends before. They mean more to me than they will ever know. We are walking through our trials together, bearing each other's burdens. I love them dearly.

12. I dream in song. I usually wake up hearing a song in my head....sometimes its a worship song, sometimes its classic rock! You never know!

13. I love to eat. I am not a picky eater at all. But I really don't enjoy eating junk food...wait, except fruit roll ups and puffy cheetos.

14. One of my most recent "guilty" pleasures is Twilight. The books were awesome and I love the movies. I know, I know. I am in my 20s, but it is so good!

15. I LOVE pictures! It drives hubby crazy...I am always pulling out my camera.

16. I am in love with a sweet, sweet little boy named Isaak. He is my best friend's child. He brightens my day and makes me smile every time I see him. He even has a special name for me - Zah Zoo. He has me wrapped around his little two year old finger.

17. I grew up in the north. But I have realized that I am a southern girl at heart. Florida has become my favorite place - I love the beaches, the people, and of course the weather. No, I do not miss snow. At all. It always made me crabby anyways.

18. I struggle with weight. No, I don't have an eating disorder. I just have a hard time keeping weight on.  No matter what I eat or how much, my high metabolism just keeps me so thin. People probably roll their eyes at reading that, thinking I should be grateful. But, being underweight is just as unhealthy as being overweight.

19. I can sleep like no other! I can easily sleep a 12 hour night, anywhere. But, I am not a morning person. It takes me about 2 hours to really wake up.

20. I love Chick-fil-A. I could eat it every day. Really, I could. I daily crave a sweet tea and a chick fil a sandwich with extra pickes. Mmmmmm.....

21. I love ducks. I really want one. I love all animals, really. When I was a little girl, my dad always told me that I should've been Noah's wife. :)

XOXO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment