Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Letter to my Future Child



My Darling Little One,


Today I heard a song that made me think of you. The words said "I wanna give you the world, I wanna hold your hand. I wanna be your mom, I wanna hold you close for as long as I can...I wanna show you what it means to be loved." 


Do you know that you are already loved so much, even before you are in my womb? Not a day goes by that I don't think of you, and that my heart swells with the love that I already have for you. I have so much love in my heart and daddy does too; we can't wait to show you what it means to be loved. 


Your daddy and I pray for you every day, that God will give you to us soon, but that we know He is making us wait for you for a reason. I don't know why we have to wait for you, but I know that when you do come, the wait will be worth it.


The moment we find out that you are coming will be a great day of rejoicing. God will be given all the glory, and you truly will be a miracle. Daddy and I have spent many months fighting for you, and the moment you arrive, we will dedicate you back to the Lord. God has great plans for you. I am already praying and know that you will do extraordinary things in the name of Jesus, and that you will be a part of God's ultimate redemptive purpose. 


Oh, sweetie, I can't wait to hear your voice crying out, to see if your eyes are blue like mine and daddy's, and to see if you are born with red hair like me. I can't wait to dress you in beautiful clothes, and to change your diapers. I can't wait to wake up with you throughout the night, and snuggle you back to sleep. I can't wait to sing over you. I can't wait to kiss your delicate cheeks. I can't wait to chase you around until I am exhausted. I can't wait to just look at you and just take you in. I can't wait to hold your hand. I can't wait to see our house full of toys for you, scattered across the floor. I can't wait to count your precious fingers and toes. I can't wait for bath time. I can't wait to gaze upon the precious miracle that you are. I will never take a day with you for granted. 


I love you, my sweet miracle!


Love,
Mommy





No comments:

Post a Comment