Thursday, January 13, 2011

Writer's Block

It's official. I have a severe case of writer's block. I have failed at my goal of blogging 2-3 times per week. I have tried to sit down and blog, but nothing cohesive has come out, so for now, I leave you with some Scriptures that have been speaking to me over the past few days. No incoherent blog post of mine can compete with that!!! Blessings...

Genesis 18:13-14 AMP
And the Lord asked Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh, saying, 'Shall I really bear a child when I am so old?' " Is anything too hard or too wonderful for the LORD? At the appointed time...

Isaiah 43:1-4 MSG
Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine. When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're in between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end - Because I am God, your personal God, the Holy of Israel, your Saviour. I paid a huge price for you...that's how much you mean to me! That's how much I love you! I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you.

Matthew 5:5, 8 MSG
You're blessed when you are content with just who you are - no more, no less.
You're blessed when you get your inside world - your mind and heart - put right. Then you can see God in the outside world.

James 5:13, 17 MSG
Are you hurting? Pray. Do you fell great? Sing.
The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with.

Isaiah 32:9-10, 15 MSG
Take your stand, indolent women! Listen to me! Indulgent, indolent women, listen closely to what I have to say. In little over a year from now, you will be shaken out of you lazy lives.
Yes, weep and grieve until the Spirit is poured down on us from above.


Philippians 4:6-7 MSG
Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praise shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

James 1:2-4 NIV
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trial of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Psalm 27:13-14 AMP
What would have become of me had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living! Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.

Proverbs 4:20-22
My daughter, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them at the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh.

Proverbs 17:22 AMP
A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.

Psalm 103:1-3 AMP
Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is deepest within me, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not one of all His benefits - Who forgives every one of all your iniquities, Who heals all of your diseases.

Genesis 15:1 AMP
Fear not. I am your shield, your abundant compensation, and your reward shall be exceedingly great.

Ephesians 2:14
For He Himself is our peace.

John 14:27
Peace I leave you; My own peace I now give and bequeath to you.

Psalm 3:3
But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, the lifter of my head.

Psalm 13 NLT
How long? O, Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will You look the other way? How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? Turn and answer me, O Lord my God! Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die. But I trust in You unfailing love. I will rejoice because You rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because He is good to me.


Zephaniah 3:17 NIV
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.

And I pretty much could include the entire book of Psalms...


1 comment:

  1. that's the best writer's block to have. Just type out scripture. It has to be good!!!

    ReplyDelete