Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Timely Message From Peter

1 Peter 5:10-11
So after you have suffered a little while, He will restore, support, and strengthen you, and He will place you on a firm foundation. All power to Him forever! Amen.

I don't know when, but I know this suffering will end. It may end in a few weeks, months, or years. Or it may end when I am standing face to face with my Creator. But I know that these sufferings are for Christ's redemptive purpose. They hold reason and a great purpose. My vision is just too narrow to see it right now. I have seen Christ's strength and support. I eagerly await to see restoration - that may come in the form of a pregnancy on my own, a medically aided pregnancy, or no natural children.

My hubby and I had a great Monday yesterday - we both had the day off. We filled the day with relaxation. At one point while we were snuggling on the couch, I looked over and simply gazed at him. I do this a lot. When Michael notices, he usually says "Why are you staring?" and I reply "because I can." Most times it is because I look at him amazed at his love for me and my love for him, and at the incredible man he is and becoming. But yesterday, a reality hit me as I gazed at him - we are the only ones left to carry on the Swift name. Michael's grandparents only had one miracle baby- Scott, Michael's father, and he died in his 30s. Michael has one sister, with two daughters. That just really struck me yesterday, and I once again felt the weight that I know all too well.

So I cling to 1 Peter 5:10, knowing that this suffering is only temporary, and that God will transform it into something beautiful. I don't know how, I don't know why, but I simply know that He is the Great I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment