Friday, August 26, 2011

10 Things

A few of my favorite bloggers do regular posts called "10 Things" where they write about random things happening in their lives. So I am going to give it a whirl for my update this week!

1. I've had a good week with my pain management for my back. I started doing yoga everyday, and whenever I am sitting in the evenings with my feet up, I have my heating pad on my back. And it seems to really be helping. But most importantly, I know that so many people are lifting me up in prayer, and God is listening and at work.

2. Most people who know me know that I do not have a huge sweet tooth. I do enjoy a small dessert from time to time, but I've never been one that craves sweets. But literally, in the past week, I NEED sweets. In a matter of 24 hours, I ate 3 blueberry and 3 confetti Dunkin Donuts. That's a half a dozen full size donuts. Another day, I ate a huge bear claw from Panera, and the next day, a huge slice of frosted cookie from the Great American Cookie at the mall, oh and TCBY. Not to mention ice cream every night....oh dear.

3. Man was not made to be alone...hubby is getting home tonight from his second business trip in one month. At the end of July, he was in China for two weeks, and now he's coming home from being in San Antonio for the week. I made sure I had things to keep me busy this week while he was gone, like work, prepared childbirth class, ice cream with a friend, and running errands. But, I still really, really missed him. There's been a huge cockroach in our bathroom now for the past couple of days. I've just let him hang out in there, because there is no way I am going to try and kill it - they are so fast and give me the creeps. And plus, that is Michael's job! Thank God this is the last business trip for a long time.

4. I've been steadily gaining, on average, two pounds per week, for a total gain as of now of 28 pounds. They say you should gain one pound per week in pregnancy. I don't care. I was underweight before, and my doctor says I'm doing great. My butt can expand, my thighs increase, and my belly grow - it is all worth it. But can I be honest and say I really don't want the gain to happen in my face???

5. I did not meet my summer reading goal. At all. I read one of the books that I listed here. FAIL!

6. Living on a one income budget is painful. Especially when we've been used to two incomes for the past two years. PAINFUL. I can handle stress pretty well, but this is the one thing that brings me major stress. I've started back at work part time to help alleviate some of the financial stress, but my first paycheck will not come until September 30!!! An ENTIRE month! Come on people, I need to buy things like nursing bras and nipple cream and a baby swing! So, I'm learning what it means to REALLY cut back. But to be honest, it is very hard. I love shopping and I will admit, I am somewhat materialistic. There is always something I want, but really don't need. So, I have to ask God everyday and all day to help me prioritize and resist temptation. Whew! I could write a separate post about this...maybe I should.

7. There is a Starbucks drink that I LOVE - the Tazo Iced Passion Tea Lemonade. Mmmm, so refreshing. But I thought, "Hey, I bet I could make that!" So I bought the Tazo passion tea bags at a pretty cheap price and a gallon of lemonade. I'm going to try making it tomorrow.

8. Michael and I are celebrating our seventh, yes seventh, wedding anniversary this weekend! Time has flown by, yet I can't imagine our lives any other way. He is a blessing more than words could ever describe...I'm feeling a separate post on that is in the works.

9. While my parents have been away, we've been enjoying their two-seater convertible that we fondly call "Little Blue." We took it out of their garage and it now temporarily stays in ours! We cruise all over town in that thing, and love to stop in at Sonic for a treat. Our little dates in that car have been so much fun, as we realize that these are some of our last moments as just us. We're enjoying our quiet moments together, but are so looking forward to the fulfillment of our heart's longings and prayers...

10. God is moving. God is able. He is our healer. He hears our cry. He knows our heart. He is our helper. He is our provider. He is our peace. 


1 comment:

  1. Love this. I may have to do a list as well. Glad your pain is better. Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete