Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Prayers for Relief

Not too long ago, I wrote a blog post called "A Thorn In My Flesh" where I described a back injury that I have. This injury causes me to live in daily pain. 

And honestly, the last two nights have been horrendous when it comes to the pain. I've tossed and turned all night long, and I cannot get any relief. Then I am exhausted during the day and, I will admit, crabby.

It has been the worst pain that I have experienced since the accident. This morning, as I got up and got ready to go to work, the pain was so intense that I thought I was going to throw up. 

I know my body is going through a lot with the pregnancy, and I am definitely not one to complain about it. All of my bodily changes, slight aches and pains are totally worth it. But, the back pain has been so unbearable lately that I am just praying for some relief from it. I don't want the pain to steal an ounce of my joy. 

So, all of that to say, I am asking you to join me in prayer for some relief from the pain - that it will just go away. And if God chooses not to remove the pain, please pray that I can find purpose in it. Please continue to pray for our miracle, that she keeps growing and thriving, especially during these critical last 12 weeks! And pray for us as we prepare for her arrival - mentally, financially, and spiritually. 

"Thank you" just doesn't seem like enough for your prayers, but know that I am indeed incredibly thankful for all of you - you are sharing in our journey! I love and appreciate you all so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment