Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blessed Assurance

The following is from one of my favorite blogs, Bowen's Heart. It is exactly what I needed to hear today. I and so many that are close to me are going through so many struggles, so I know you will be encouraged by it today, too.

Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blessed.
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
-Frances J. Crosby

"When you realize you are not in control, it becomes clear how important it is to know who is. I've come to hold a high view of the sovereignty of God through my struggles. In simple words, I believe that God is in control and do my best to submit my worries into His care."


So today, I will sing at the top of my lungs, "Blessed Assurance! Jesus, You are mine!" The chorus of the song is actually where I got my blog title. Oh, the rich words of this old classic have become so fresh!

Blessed assurance! Jesus is mine!
Oh what a foretaste of glory divine! 
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of His spirit, washed in His blood. 

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long!
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long!

Perfect submission, all is at rest.
I in my Savior am happy and blessed.
Watching and waiting, looking above
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long!
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment