Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Two Ultrasounds in One Week!!!

Yesterday I had my first "baby" ultrasound at NewLIFE. Michael met me there and during the entire 35 minute drive to the clinic, my heart was racing and I could barely breathe. The night before was restless; I was up every couple of hours - I was just too excited!

The ultrasound tech called me back to the room. YAY!!! Dr. Ripps came in and they started! First, they did a belly ultrasound, and I didn't see anything. - they were just checking everything out. Then, they did a vaginal ultrasound, where I immediately saw a dark circle with a small baby! As they zoomed in, I saw the heart beating. I was completely speechless. Tears streamed down my face as I watched the screen in awe. I looked over at Michael, and he had the same awe-struck look on his face. All I could manage to say was "Incredible." My nurse Kendall came in; she was so excited to see, too! All of those nurses and doctors in that room never thought that it was only going to take one treatment cycle with one mature follicle. But it did! And I know that it was all God. They printed off a picture of baby Swift for us to take home, and said that everything looked perfect. The baby's heart rate was 157, and they estimated my due date to be November 9th! It's all so real now! I saw it! I saw the baby living and growing inside of me!!!

As we exited NewLIFE, I got hugs from my nurses and Dr. Ripps. They told me to make sure to stop by periodically so they could see my growing belly! My experience at NewLIFE was incredible. The nurses and Dr. Ripps were so caring and sensitive the entire time, as well as incredibly knowledgeable and were able to diagnose and treat me quickly. I am so thankful and forever grateful for them. I know their job must be difficult, so it was fun to see some good news around the clinic. After my NewLIFE appointment, I went to the spa and got an amazing pedi where I literally was doing head bobs because I was falling asleep. Then I met Christy for lunch at Panera so I could share all of my excitement!!! 

So now I am sent to my OB, Dr. Sontag.

I called Dr. Sontag, and they got me in today, this morning! Because I am already almost 8 weeks, they wanted to see me as soon as possible. Michael came with me again, and we filled out a ton of paperwork. They called us back, and we sat down in Dr. Sontag's office and discussed EVERYTHING. I absolutely love him. He takes whatever time needed to cover all of the information and all of our questions. I am so excited that he will be delivering our baby. Thank you Christy for the recommendation! We then were sent into the ultrasound room...Ultrasounds two days in a row!! I was elated at the chance to see our baby again. We saw our baby and its beautiful heart beating away at 163.  But this time, we heard the most incredible sound in the world - the heartbeat. It was simply gorgeous. I could've listened to that all day. We got even more ultrasound pictures to take with us! After the ultrasound, we sat down with Dr. Sontag again and he said that everything looks perfect, that we are in great health, and that our chance for miscarriage is now under one percent, which was a relief to hear. Then I did some bloodwork, actually, a lot of bloodwork - 6 tubes full!!!

So, needless to say, we've have an incredible last two days. My next appointment is on April 27th at 12 weeks. 

A couple of weeks ago, I was definitely showing signs and symptoms of pregnancy, such as swollen and tender boobs, cramps, and fatigue. Let me tell you that they are in full force now! I didn't think that I could feel any more tired, but I definitely am. I am exhausted. I just sneak in a nap here and there whenever I can. My boobs are even more sore, and I'm started to outgrow my bigger bras! And the nausea...I am experiencing it for sure. I haven't thrown up at all, but I get waves of nausea throughout the day. I get hungry and want to eat, but nothing at all ever sounds good to eat, especially any red meat. I saw a burger commercial last night and thought I was going to hurl! But, I've been managing to get enough nutrition - whatever I am going to eat, I look at it and think "This is amazing. This is going to be so delicious," and that seems to help. The mind does wonders. :) And, I've been relying on my Ensure. 

Never once during this pregnancy will you hear me complain about anything. That is a promise I've made to Michael and myself. Every cramp, every moment of nausea, every time my boobs feel sore, every time exhaustion sets in, I am thankful.  I am thankful for the miracle growing inside of my causing all of these symptoms. We've waited so long and prayed so hard for this, so you will not find me complaining. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment