Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Desperate Dependence

"Desperate dependence is where you surrender, not to the circumstances or loss, but to God. Max Davis says 'desperate dependence is the place where we can stop living by our own power.' It's where we discover God's strength in and through us." (From Proverbs 31 devotional)

Have you come to a place of desperate dependence? I certainly have. I came to my place when there was nothing left that I could do. I wanted to live by my power, I wanted to be independent and be responsible for my decisions regarding the way in which my life was going. I thought my ways and my wants and my desires were better than God's ways, wants, and desires for me. I finally came to that place when I was brought me to my knees, and I realized that I need to be desperately dependent on Him, and Him alone. I cannot control my life. I cannot control the when's, the why's, the why not's. Only God can. Coming to that place of desperation is not easy - it is painful and full of heartache. But God is working. Still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment