Monday, March 7, 2011

Conversation With God

I have been so thrilled since finding out on last Wednesday that I was "positive" and words cannot even describe my excitement. It is surreal. But there has been this nagging voice inside my head saying "Don't celebrate too early. Wait until your blood draw results on Friday to really make sure that you are pregnant." And I sadly have to admit that I have been containing my excitement, saving it for when I am completely assured that my hCG levels are rising. I think I am guarding myself against disappointment.

I was on my way to NewLife on Friday morning to get my blood drawn again to make sure my hCG levels are rising and that I am indeed pregnant. My mind was nowhere really, it was early and I was still waking up. 

And then, I clearly heard God say "Why are you hesitating to worship me for this (pregnancy)?"

I was caught off guard. I thought, and replied, "I just want to make sure. After this blood draw result, then I can."

God said, "Worship me for who I AM. Rejoice for what I have given you." 

Talk about a smack in the face to wake me up. I don't need reassurance from the tests, doctors, or myself. My hope comes from Him, and no matter what, I worship, praise, and rejoice in Him.

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my impenetrable shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.
Psalm 29:2 Give to the Lord the glory due His name; worship the Lord in the beauty of His holiness.
Psalm 33:2-3 Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre; sing praises to Him with the harp of ten strings. Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully with a loud and joyful sound.
Psalm 36:5-7 You mercy and loving kindness, O Lord, extend to the skies, and Your faithfulness to the clouds. Your righteousness is like the mountains of God, Your judgements are like the great deep. O Lord, you preserve man and beast. How precious is Your steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge and put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.



No comments:

Post a Comment