Thursday, May 26, 2011

16 Weeks

Today we had our 16 week prenatal visit, and everything was great! I weighed in at 124, which means I have a total weight gain of 2 pounds to date. We once again heard the most beautiful, most amazing sound in the world - our baby's heartbeat. It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. It was strong, measuring in the 150s BPM. And, I was delighted because the nurse that we had let us listen a lot longer this time. Hubby even recorded it on his phone! Dr. Sontag measured my uterus, and he said everything, all the measurements, my weight, and other tests look perfect. We were offered some other testing which could reveal any genetic disorders, such as downs or trisomy, but we declined. It wouldn't change anything for us. It is still our baby. But, we are believing and claiming a perfect, healthy baby!

I thought we were going to go back in in four weeks, but we will actually have our next prenatal visit in three weeks, on Monday, June 20. This is the big one, where the anatomy scan will be done, which means a long ultrasound with lots of pictures - hooray!!! And, we have decided that we will definitely find out the gender! We've had so many people ask what we think or what we hope we are having. We aren't "hoping" for a certain gender - we just want a healthy baby. We've waited so long for our miracle, that it does not matter one bit what our baby is. God knew our baby before it was even formed; He has great plans for our baby, and He knows what we are meant to have. Many have also asked if I have a "feeling" one way or the other, but honestly, I do not have any "feelings." It is going to be so much fun to find out!!!

Check back soon, I will be posting the latest and greatest growing belly photos!

We love you all, and thank you so much for continuing to pray for us and our little miracle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment